New Points System for Student Visa in England / UK
The immigration system to England and the UK changed in March 2009. But some aspects remain the same. The main change is intended to overseas students who want to work in England and / or studying for more than six months in England and the United Kingdom. See below new changes in student visa with effect from April 2011.
First check if you need a visa (entry clearance) to enter England before travelling:
The basic rules for whether you need a visa to England (Britain / UK) currently are:
- Tourists coming to England as a tourist for a maximum period of six months need not apply for ‘entry clearance’. Once a person between a tourist visa, it can not be extended or replaced by student visa. In this case the tourists get visitor visa (visitor), students receive a student visitor visa (student visitor) and business people receive business visitor visa (business visitor).
- Student Visitor Visa can be obtained on arrival in England (UK) for a period of 6 months without requiring CAS or entry clearance before leaving your country. Visitors Students who are learning English and want to stay for more than 6 months and up to 11 months need to apply for pre-visa before leaving your country important to note that a student visitor visa does not allow the student to work.
- When you arrive in the UK you will need to show evidence of the following documents: a return ticket, evidence that you intend to return to your country at the end of your trip, evidence that you have enough money to support themselves and pay for their accommodation your stay in the UK. If you’re going to study you must also prove that he enrolled in a school which has accommodation and money to support themselves and pay for their education during your stay.
- If the tourist intends to stay in England for more than six months and want to work as a student must apply for the CAS and the ‘entry clearance’ to get a student visa for tier 4 points before leaving your country. Accordingly the student also has right to work part-time (20 hours per week for college students NQF6 and 10 hours per week for students in other lower categories to NQF6). The student must make the request ‘entry clearance’ under the tier 4/4 tier system based on points.
For latest information see the UK Border Agency website.
New Changes to Tier 4 student visa to London, England, with effect from April 21, 2011:
At the day April 21, 2011 people who want to study in London, England with the Tier 4 student visa must make an assessment test of English. Before you apply for your entry clearance you should do a test to assess their level English. This test is called CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies), the intent of the test is to assess whether the student has an acceptable level of English to receive a student visa tier 4. The test is electronic and must be offered by a licensed English institution in which the student is studying. Basically, the English school deliver the certificate of approval of study – CAS stating that the student has the ability to study in school, ensuring a place for the student. The official form of certificate for the CAS contains 14 digits reference. Once the CAS certificate is approved, it will be valid for 6 months. If you do not apply for entry clearance during this period, you should then get a new CAS.
What is the immigration system based on points for England and the UK?
The immigration system is targeted people who want to come to the UK to study and / or work for more than six months. This system is divided into 5 rows, as follows:
- Reque 1 – Highly skilled professionals, graduate students trained in the UK, entrepreneurs (with resources of over 200,000 pounds), investors (with resources of over 1,000,000 pounds).
- Tier 2 – skilled workers with job offer from an employer based in the UK.
- 3 tier – this tier is suspended (used to be used for low-skilled workers).
- 4-tier students that have a guaranteed place in an educational institution in the UK. The duration varies since the time required to complete the course.
- Tier 5 – temporary workers and youth mobility scheme. Maximum stay of 12 months for temporary workers and 24 months for the youth mobility scheme.All the candidates of hedgerow must obtain 30 points through the sponsorship certificate obtained by an employer (except the youth mobility scheme) and 10 points for financial maintenance (show that you have enough money to support the UK money, currently 800 lb).
General details about the system Points for Students Immigrating to England – under Tier 4/4 Reque
How many points a student needs for pre-visa (entry clearance) to enter England as a student?
To apply for a student visa to England and the United Kingdom, the candidate must obtain 40 points. You need to show evidence of the necessary documents along with your application form.
30 points are acquired to obtain a certificate of sponsorship (sponsorship) through an educational institution. As evidence must show that the student has been accepted into a school with a letter of confirmation studies with a reference number and the documents you used to get the confirmation studies.
10 points are acquired to prove that you have enough to pay for the travel and living costs in the UK (maintenance), including housing, transport, food money. To prove you have as support the student must show a bank letter or bank statement confirming that you have enough money to maintain. You must prove that the money has been available in your account for at least 28 days prior to your request for pre-visa.
When choosing a school you should confirm that this is registered with the department of UK immigration. The registered school receives a license from the sponsor. You can confirm whether a school is registered with this link:registration sponsor If the school is not registered you will not receive a student visa.
You must also provide a record of their biometric data (photo and fingerprint).
How much money you need to stay as a student in the UK according to the British department?
|Course Length||Place of study||Money needed|
|Nine months or less||Central London||Full tuition fee plus £800 pound per month|
|Nine months or less||Out of Central London||Full tuition fee plus £600 pounds per month|
|More than nine months||Central London||The first year of full tuition fee plus £7.200 pounds for nine months|
|More than nine months||Out of Central London||The first year of full tuition fee plus £5.400 pounds for nine months|
Working while you study in the UK
College students with NQF6 level can work for 20 hours per week during studies and full time during vacations. Other students can work for 10 hours per week and full time during vacations.
When applying for the visa ‘entry clearance’ to the UK?
You can apply for the visa application three months in advance during this period is not advisable to confirm the details of the trip until you receive the visa.
Payment Fee – How much to get the pre-seen ‘entry clearance’?
The cost to apply for pre-visa (entry clearance) is around £220 pounds.
If you are in your country and want to come to England and stay for more than six months you must apply for your visa application through the company WorldBridge Service in Rio de Janeiro. World Bridge Service works closely with immigration to the UK, making the collection of visa applications to the United Betania, along with the necessary documents including biometric photo and rate of pay. World Bridge Service is the official airline visa application to England. But the company does not offer advice on immigration to the UK and did not decide the outcome of the visa application. Starting on July 30th, 2010 World Bridge Service only accepts visa applications from your country to England online.
You can apply for your visa entry clearance at the border of England website system on the www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk website; you must pay the online fee and the visa application should be done in English. Payment must be made with Visa or MasterCard. Be careful to select the correct type of visa in accordance with the reason for your visit and print a copy for future reference.
Documents required to apply for a student visa to London, England / United Kingdom
- Current valid passport
- Expired previous passport (if you have one)
- Printed confirmation of your interview (if relevant – see below)
- Form completed, signed and dated application
- Proof printed online form submission of visa application
- Supporting Documents: must include the originals, copies and translations –
- Certificate of Sponsorship (sponsorship) through an educational institution – letter from school confirming the course and CAS (Certificate of Acceptance of Studies)
- Proof of income of the student or the student responsible for – bank statement at least 28 days
- Certificate of English pre-intermediate level
- Proof of accommodation
- Biometric data (photo and fingerprint).
- 2 photos (35mm width x 45mm height) in colour. Photos must be:
- The background photo must be light grey or cream in focus, with good quality, without shadow.
- The photo must be taken with nothing covering his face without sunglasses or tinted, with nothing covering his head, except for religious or medical reasons.
- The mouth should be closed (no smile or frown without) and head straight looking ahead
- The photo should be recent of the last 6 months.
The decision of the visa is based according to the information on your form, passport, immigration history and supporting documents. When applying for the visa online student, you will receive an email with the details of the necessary supporting documents.
- You must submit original documents and a photocopy of each document.
- All documents in support of their ‘entrance clearance’ should be translated into English or the application will be refused.
- Each document must be translated date, full name, contact and signature of the translator and also confirmation that the translation is accurate to the original.
- Supporting documents must be sent along with the application form for visa documents can not be submitted after you’ve completed the visa application.
- If you are not working you can send the financial documents of the person who sustains you.
- If you have not paid your ticket, you should explain who paid and why, also including the financial details of the person.
You must apply for Pre-Visa (entrance clearance) online student in the Frontier System of England website http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/applyonline/ . The fee must be paid online and the visa application must be made in English. Payment must be made with Visa or MasterCard. Be careful to select the correct type of visa in accordance with the reason for your visit and print a copy for future reference.
You can make an appointment with the Visa Application Centre in your country for visa application with the World Bridge Service company located in Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo and Brasilia. You must bring all the necessary documents for the visa application. In some cases, the application while your visa is being assessed, you may be asked to submit to an interview.
Biometric Visa Application information for England and UK
To apply for entry visa to England, through the entry clearance, foreign citizens must arrange collection of your biometric information, including fingerprints and digital photography, the visa application centre in your country.
The provision of biometric information is essential for the application for entry clearance. The biometric data will be archived in a database in the UK for 10 years.After this information is destroyed. If the applicant visa application refuse to provide biometric information the visa application is automatically rejected.
A candidate for the visa must personally go to one of the centres of visa application below to scan your fingerprints and photograph scanned face. If you are hurt finger with some you can not scan their biometric information of the fingers, having to wait a bruised heal before heading to the centre of visa application. The collection of biometric information is made via a scanner without using ink or chemicals. The fingertips should be free cutting, or henna brands but digital printing can not be scanned. The biometric information of the face are also acquired through a digital photo.
How to Apply for Student Visa for England
For more information about pre-visa (entry clearance) you can contact the visa application centre at the following addresses:
Rio de Janeiro visa application center
Praia de Botafogo 228, set in 1104
Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
São Paulo visa application center
Rua Alameda Santos 211 room 212
Cerqueira Cesar, Sao Paulo – SP – Brazil
Brasilia visa application center
Building: Brazil XXI
SHS SET QD 6 “The” BL “and” ROOM 702
Completion of How to Get Your Student Visa to London
If you are coming to study in London, England for over 6 months and also want to work in the UK during your stay, then you need to apply for a Tier 4 student visa before leaving your country.
If you want to come to study English for six months and do not want to work in the UK you can get the student visitor visa on arrival in the UK. But must be enrolled in an English school and intending to return after six months because this visa can not be extended or renewed for another type of visa.
Students of English visitors who want to stay for more than 6 months must obtain a visa before leaving your country through VAF1D form . The forms can be filled by hand with blue or black pen and must be completed in English.
Tier 4 Student Visa
For the Tier 4 student visa to England and UK, you must apply the CAS certificate through school and Entry Clearance Visa4UK the site through the form VAF9 .
If you are under 18 years must apply for a student visa Tier 4 child (child stude visa) through the form VAF9 the Appendix 9 .
The Tier 4 student visa is obtained through points that are acquired to demonstrate the course and the financial income of the student.
To receive the Tier 4 student visa must also have a minimum level of English A2 (pre-intermediate). Therefore you must submit evidence of your level of English, including English certificates previously acquired.
The request for Tier 4 student visa costs 220 GBP for adults and £70 for children.
Upon receiving the Tier 4 student visa you are entitled to bring your spouse (a) and children to the UK for the duration of your course, but they should also make the visa application since you have to support them during the period of their studies.
It is worth mentioning that the student visitor visa can be acquired without the entry clearance required for the student visa for Tier 4 points.
Important: Minimum level of English to apply for student visa tier 4 in the UK
So that the school may grant the CAS certificate is necessary that the student has the next level of English:
Minimum CEFR level B1 – for level 3-5 courses of NQF / QCF 3-5 / SCQF 6-8
Minimum CEFR level B2 – for courses NQF level 6 / QCF 6 / SCQF9 or above
CEFR – Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
NQF – National Qualifications Framework
QCF – Qualifications and Credit Framework
SCQF – Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework
Level equivalent to IELTS Level CEFR:
KET (Key Test Inglês) / IELTS 3.0 – 3.5 = CEFR A2
PET (Preliminary Test Inglês) / IELTS 4.0 – 5.0 / 42 = TOFL CEFR B1
FCE (First Certificate in Inglês) / IELTS 5.5 – 6.5 / 72 = TOFL CEFR B2
CAE (Certificate in Advanced Inglês) / IELTS 6.5 – 8.0 = C1 CEFR
CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in Inglês) / IELTS 8.5 + = C2 CEFR
In short, to receive the CAS student must have a certificate of English IELTS 4.0 level between the 6.5 depending on the course being studied. Here’s the full picture of points required to purchase a minimum level of English required to obtain a visa tier 4.